Hello and welcome back to the Living Water newsletter!
This Sunday we will be welcoming another guest pastor, Rev. Taehoo Lee, who will be preaching from the story of the Feeding of the Five Thousand.
Sermon Sneak Peek
This week’s passage: Mark 6:30-44
“Jesus was a prophet sent to the people of God living in Roman Empire. While the empire robbed people of imagination under its economy of greed, Jesus inspired the people of God to imagine the Kingdom of God, where the economy of grace was practiced. In this well known miracle of feeding the multitude, we will unpack its relevance to our time where the global pandemic seems to limit our imagination.”
Summer College Ministry
On Sunday at 5:00pm, we will be having a Zoom discussion on what a church could do to engage in social justice and work against racism. Our guest speaker is Rev. Taehoo Lee, who has been doing inner city missions in African American neighborhoods since 2003. Meeting ID: 956 8529 8318
The first Sunday of September we will be having our virtual Communion Service where we share in God’s table together. If you are back in town, please let any of our leaders know so we can deliver the communion elements to you.
Parking Lot In-Person Service @ East Paris
We are planning to have an in-person service at the parking lot of East Paris CRC on Sunday 9/6 at 5:00pm. This is in addition to the regular Sunday service at 10:00am. If you are interested in helping out with setup, ushering or praise, please let Pastor David know.
We’re Here to Help
If anyone in our church is falling behind on their bills because of the current economic disruption, don’t hesitate to ask for support from the Diaconal Ministry!
Simply take a photo of your bill and attach it to a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure that the image shows the amount and number of days overdue, as well as the contact info and account number of the recipient of payment.
The Diaconal Ministry Team will then evaluate the requests, and as appropriate may contact service providers or pay some overdue bills directly on behalf of Living Water people.
We are also working on creating a system to support our brothers and sisters in Christ by sharing transportation and other resources. If you have any needs, questions, or ideas, feel free to reach out to the Diaconal Ministry as well!
- Saturday, August 29 7:00pm: LWYG Bible Study
- Sunday, August 16 10:00am: Sunday Worship
- Sunday 2:00pm: Children’s Ministry (Sermon Review)
- Thursday, August 20 7:00pm: Prayer Meeting
All meetings will be held on Zoom. Click on the links to join or visit https://livingwatercrc.org/events/!
Living Water continues to seek people to serve in leadership. The following are in need of volunteers:
- Outreach Ministry
- College Small Group Leaders for the Fall
Please contact a leader if you feel called to step up!
Online Office Hours with Pastor David
Whether you are a student, regular attendee, visitor, or interested in joining the Living Water family, Pastor David would love to get to know you! If you would like to meet up with him, you can contact him at email@example.com to set up a virtual meeting.
Some Things to Pray About This Week
- Praise for the ongoing work behind the scenes by the faithful people of our church.
- For wisdom and strength for the leaders of our church
- For justice and healing for those hurt by discriminatory practices of law enforcement in the US
- For the softening of hearts and opening of the ears of authority figures
- For those struggling with finances
- For the healing of the sick
- For international students facing so much uncertainty
- For the College, Youth, and Children’s Ministries
- For the flourishing of the new Diaconal Ministry
- For a smooth start to the new academic year
- For the world to seek God’s face and ask for forgiveness and healing
We encourage each of you to come to Living Water’s weekly Zoom prayer meeting on Thursday nights at 7pm!
See you all Sunday.