Sunday Worship 2020-09-06
Starting today, our weekly newsletter and Sunday email will be combined to be sent out every Saturday at 5pm. Please continue to look out for our weekly emails for many updates and information!
Every first Sunday of the month, we celebrate and remember Christ’s sacrifice as the body of Christ.
Join us in Zoom to witness and celebrate together as we partake in communion.
Christ the Victor: Over our Sickness
This week’s passage: Mark 2:1-12
The sermon series starting this Sunday is titled, “Christ the Victor.” We are used to describing Christ as our savior, but we should also remember that Christ is our Victor, who achieved victory over sin and death through His death and resurrection. Many of us fall into fear and defeatism as we live through a world changed by the pandemic; this sermon series is designed to encourage us to live victoriously through Jesus Christ our Victor.
When we read the story of Jesus healing the paralytic in Mark 2, there are two things that are important to notice. First, the faith and love of the paralytic’s friends play a crucial role in the healing. Second, Jesus identifies himself through his actions and words as our Healer, Redeemer, and radical Forgiver of sins–clearly equating himself to the Almighty God.
God’s Welcome as We Gather
CALL TO WORSHIP
PRAISE & ADORATION
Great Are You Lord, God is Able, Spirit of the Living God
God’s Renewal as We Confess
CONFESSION OF FAITH
PASSING OF THE PEACE
OFFERING & OFFERTORY
PRAYER OF THE CHURCH
God’s Grace Revealed
“Christ the Victor: Over our Sickness”
Pastor David Sung
God’s Blessing as We Go
SONG OF RESPONSE
Yours (Glory & Praise)
What Does the Bible Say About Offering?
3 Ways to Give Your Offering Today:
- If you have Venmo, send to @LivingWaterCRC
- Tithe.ly – Church – “Living Water CRC” (Address:3190 Burton Street SE) Living Water CRC’s Direct Link: https://tithe.ly/give?c=886944
- Mail to: 3910 Burton St. SE Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Are you making fellowship as a priority?
“And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.” – Acts 2:42 Join us as we connect and have fellowship through Zoom during and after service. We have been breaking into smaller groups for more intimate conversations and a chance for everyone to comfortably participate.
We can’t wait to catch up with everyone!
PARKING LOT IN-PERSON SERVICE
@ EAST PARIS
Join us TODAY at 5pm for an in-person service at East Paris Parking Lot.
Address: 3065 E Paris Ave SE, Kentwood, MI 49512
***Don’t forget to bring your own chairs!***
People of Living Water
We are so excited to launch our newest campaign, People of Living Water (PLW) today!
It was inspired by Humans of New York, but PLW will be in a format of an interview where we uncover LW members’ likes and dislikes, life lessons, passions, hopes for the future, prayer requests, etc.
Check out https://livingwatercrc.org for more information on the campaign and the FULL interview with our Children Ministry and LW Youth Group leader, Amy Hwang!
EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Make sure to visit https://livingwatercrc.org/events/ for this week’s upcoming ministry virtual gatherings!
Prayer Meeting every Thursday @ 7PM
- Let us get together to pray for the pandemic, the ugly racism in the US, the starting of new school year, and students’ adjustment to online/in-person classes.
Online Office Hour with Pastor David
- Whether you are a student, regular attendee, visitor, or interested in joining the Living Water family, Pastor David would love to get to know you! If you would like to meet up with him, you can contact him at email@example.com to set up a virtual meeting.
- Living Water continues to seek people to serve in leadership. The following are in need of volunteers:
College Small Group Leaders for the Fall
Please contact a leader if you feel called to step up!
We’re Here to Help
If anyone in our church is falling behind on their bills because of the current economic disruption, don’t hesitate to ask for support from the Diaconal Ministry!
Simply take a photo of your bill and attach it to a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure that the image shows the amount and number of days overdue, as well as the contact info and account number of the recipient of payment.
The Diaconal Ministry Team will then evaluate the requests, and as appropriate may contact service providers or pay some overdue bills directly on behalf of Living Water people.
We are also working on creating a system to support our brothers and sisters in Christ by sharing transportation and other resources. If you have any needs, questions, or ideas, feel free to reach out to the Diaconal Ministry as well!
Some Things to Pray About This Week
- Praise God for the ongoing work behind the scenes by faithful people of our church. Church has never closed. We are just doing our work differently within the church and in the world.
- Our leaders need our prayer. Leaders need encouragement and prayer for wisdom and strength to continue to serve.
- For recent graduates who are transitioning to a new stage of life and their search for job/graduate school.
- For those who lost their jobs and struggling with finance.
- For LW to minister to the needs of the world in such a time as this – specifically for Diaconal Ministry.
- Against, ugly racism and for racial reconciliation in America.
- For the world to seek God’s face and ask for forgiveness and healing.
|Sunday Live Stream Links|