Sunday Worship 2020-10-18
Church on the Move: Sacramental Community
This week’s passage: Colossians 2:6-15
The Sacraments are community events of the church whereby we participate in God’s story and God’s family life. Sacraments are events whereby we renounce evil and combat the forces of darkness and bear witness to God’s victory in the crucified and risen Christ.
Our generation is suspicious of tradition and rituals. Why do we want to keep the ritual sacraments? Is it important? This Sunday, God’s Word will address what the church as sacramental community looks like.
God’s Welcome as We Gather
CALL TO WORSHIP
PRAISE & ADORATION
Lord I Need You, At the Cross, Forever
God’s Renewal as We Confess
CONFESSION OF FAITH
PASSING OF THE PEACE
OFFERING & OFFERTORY
PRAYER OF THE CHURCH
God’s Grace Revealed
“Church on the Move: Sacramental Community”
Pastor David Sung
God’s Blessing as We Go
SONG OF RESPONSE
What Does the Bible Say About Offering?
3 Ways to Give Your Offering Today:
- If you have Venmo, send to @LivingWaterCRC
- Tithe.ly – Church – “Living Water CRC” (Address:3190 Burton Street SE) Living Water CRC’s Direct Link: https://tithe.ly/give?c=886944
- Mail to: 3910 Burton St. SE Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Are you making fellowship as a priority?
“And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.” – Acts 2:42
Join us as we connect and have fellowship through Zoom during and after service. We have been breaking into smaller groups for more intimate conversations and a chance for everyone to comfortably participate.
We can’t wait to catch up with everyone!
Baptism Service TODAY
What: Baptism Service
When: Sunday 10/18 @ 2PM
Where: Townsend Park in Rockford, MI
Address is 8280 6 Mile Rd NE, Rockford, MI. Picnic Area C-3
Who: Austin Rohl, Kiri Newton and Jane Newton will be baptized and Noah Sung will make Profession of Faith.
Please note that 10:00 am online service will be held as scheduled.
People of Living Water
Our 5th guest of PLW is Sarah Yeji Kim!
Sarah Yeji Kim is a recent Calvin University graduate currently serving as the Interim Worship Director at Living Water. Check out her interview to learn more about her story: https://livingwatercrc.org/meet-sarah-yeji-kim-people-of-living-water/
EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Make sure to visit https://livingwatercrc.org/events/ for this week’s upcoming ministry virtual gatherings!
Prayer For Vision Retreat
- Our leadership will be going through the Visioning process beginning October and we need to support it with prayers and encouragement. The initial phase of Visioning Process is on…
Saturday 10/24 @ 9-1 pm
- All children – make sure you come to our 2pm session today! We will be zooming into the Baptism, and talk about the significance and importance of this sacrament.
College Ministry Small Groups
- For this Fall, we are forming small groups of 3-4 people (preferably starting with people in your social network due to Covid) for us to get together on weekly basis in-person or online (depending on the group), to share, pray and encourage one another. Leadership will provide you with tools and the groups meet together.
We encourage ALL college students to be a part of a small group!
Prayer Meeting every Thursday @ 7PM
- We know the saying, “Praying family stays together.” Likewise, the praying church can be united under God’s vision. Let us come out to pray for the church. Zoom Meeting ID: 360 156 475
Online Office Hour with Pastor David
- Whether you are a student, regular attendee, visitor, or interested in joining the Living Water family, Pastor David would love to get to know you! If you would like to meet up with him, you can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a virtual meeting.
- Living Water continues to seek people to serve in leadership. The following are in need of volunteers:
Planning for in-person service
College Small Group Facilitators for the Fall
Please contact a leader if you feel called to step up!
Are you struggling financially?
Let us help! If anyone in our church is falling behind on their bills because of the current economic disruption, don’t hesitate to ask for support from the Diaconal Ministry!
Simply take a photo of your bill and attach it to a message to email@example.com. Make sure that the image shows the amount and number of days overdue, as well as the contact info and account number of the recipient of payment.
The Diaconal Ministry Team will then evaluate the requests, and as appropriate may contact service providers or pay some overdue bills directly on behalf of Living Water people.
We are also working on creating a system to support our brothers and sisters in Christ by sharing transportation and other resources. If you have any needs, questions, or ideas, feel free to reach out to the Diaconal Ministry as well!
Some Things to Pray About This Week
- Praise God for the ongoing work behind the scenes by faithful people of our church. Church has never closed. We are just doing our work differently within the church and in the world.
- Our leaders need our prayer. Leaders need encouragement and prayer for wisdom and strength to continue to serve.
- For recent graduates who are transitioning to a new stage of life and their search for job/graduate school.
- For those who have lost their jobs and are struggling with finances.
- For LW to minister to the needs of the world in such a time as this – specifically for the Diaconal Ministry.
- Against ugly racism and for racial reconciliation in America.
- For the world to seek God’s face and ask for forgiveness and healing.
|Sunday Live Stream Links|